Welcome to my blog!

In this blog I will take about different areas of innovation and include some case studies and a few innovative products. Enjoy :)

Thursday 19 January 2012

This is the end... Goodbye!

Well its come to the time when its time to say goodbye! My deadline is tomorrow so best finish it today!


From writing this blog I have come across many things. First there is a lot of research on innovation about Apple, Steve Jobs and Google! As I didn't want to follow every other blogger and write loads and loads about them I hope you did enjoy the 2 posts about Steve Jobs! One might have been a bit controversial over whether or not he was an innovator or a tweaker? From my personal opinion I think he was a bit of both! He took products, whether they were his own ideas or someone elses, and made them into the successful products they are today. I don't think there are many people on this earth who don't know what an iPod, iPad, or MAC computer are! Even my 80 year old Nan knows what a iPod is! 


I always knew the Virgin Group were innovative due to the amount of different markets that they are in, but I was quite shocked to find out that they had over 300 companies, all running from the one name and all under the name of Sir Richard Branson. I think virgin is one of the most innovative companies there is, due to that fact Sir Richard built by himself from the age of 15. Virgin have managed to dip their fingers in every single pie they could! And have succeed to eat most of that pie them selves! (excuse the saying!) 


One thing I did learn is that innovation is something needed for the business to succeed. If a company didn't innovate they would defiantly be out of the market before they could say hello profits! Each company needs to innovate just to survive the cruel market place!


Another discovery was how innovation is a subject that needs to apparent in every single corner of the business, from products to leadership to marketing even to the competitiveness of the business. 


I think i have come across many innovative products on my research and development of this blog. I think the main one for me was the pocket shower. I think its an amazing idea and I'm tempted to buy one for use in the festivals I'm going to next year! 


Well I think thats it from me, so thanks for reading and I wish you all the best!
Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment